The benefits are the best you'll find anywhere for any part time job.
- Our already excellent pay is greatly enhanced by promotions and raises throughout your Air Guard career. Current drill weekend pay
MONTGOMERY GI BILL
- In addition to your regular Air Guard pay, you may receive up to $288.00 each month if you are a full time college student.
GI BILL "KICKER"
- In addition to the Montgomery GI BILL you may qualify for the an extra $350.00 per month. Ask your recruiter.
- We offer a cash bonus of $10,000.00 for non-prior service applicants and $15,000 for prior service if you enlist into a designated critical career field.
STUDENT LOAN REPAYMENT
- If you qualify, we'll pay up to $20,000.00 of your outstanding student loan.
- All guardsmen qualify for 25 % state tuition assistance at most public and private higher education facilities within Tennessee.
- In recent years, Air Guard units and members have deployed to all parts of the globe. Plus, as a member of the Air Guard, you'll be eligible to fly for as little as $10.00, while off-duty, on military aircraft to anywhere in the United States, including Alaska and Hawaii.
- Through the Community College of the Air Force (CCAF), receive college credit for your Air Guard training. This credit can be used to get a degree in your Air Guard specialty from the CCAF, or can be applied toward your degree from your civilian college.
- You are eligible for Service Men's Group Life Insurance (SGLI) of up to $400,000.00 worth of Life Insurance for you and $100,000.00 for your spouse. Also as a Guard Member you have access to USAA insurance for you and your dependents.
ACCESS TO MILITARY BASES
- As a member of the Air National Guard, you'll be able to use military bases all over the world. You'll be able to take advantage of department stores, grocery stores, hotels, and recreation facilities like campgrounds, theaters, gyms and golf courses. All at significant savings over what you would pay almost anywhere else.
PRIDE AND SATISFACTION
- Perhaps the most important benefit of all is the pride and satisfaction of working alongside dedicated people like you from all walks of life who have one thing in common. They share a desire to make the most of their opportunities in life, while making their community, state, and nation a better place to live!